Thursday 28 April 2011

first day!

So today was my first day at work and it was awesome!! I start at 730 every day and most days I'll be off by noon! My mom thinks I'm a slacker,but by noon I'll have already worked with the grade 2, 3,4 and 5 class.classics kind of cool cause each grade learns about the same subject at the same time, just at a different level. For example, they're all learning about the human body parts in english right now, but the grade 2's learned Simon says type parts like eyes,nose,ears, foot etc. The grade 3's learned how to better pronounce those parts, the grade 4's learned the internal organs like the lungs, heart, bladder etc., and the grade 5's had to answer actual questions about the body and its functions. the kids are all soo adorable and soo eager to learn. It was a pretty amazing thing to see. There's definitely a huge difference between them and Canadian kids their age. Before they even knee my name I was swarmed by a dozen girls and even boys hugging me and trying to talk to me. I was actually really surprised by how much English they already knew. As for the school, I knew the conditions would be bad, but they're worse than I expected. Its really sad, their soccer balls are just hard, flat and stripped down to the last layer. The bladders must be burst, it was a heartbreaking sight. My dad might have cried. Haha! Anyways sorry for the lack of paragraphs and punctuation. I just figured out how to connect to the Internet from my iPod at the pool! I haven't figured out how to make paragraphs on it yet. But that means I can blog and check my email from it which is nice. But I need to swim haha way too hot! Love and miss you all. And again, thanks for everyonea support in getting me here. I think its going to be life-changing! I'm so thankful to everyone. :) xoxo