Wednesday 4 May 2011

Playa Samara

Last weekend a group of us went to Playa Samara! It was suuuuch a beautiful beach in the province of Puntarenas. We took a painfully hot bus ride from Liberia at noon on Friday after work, to Nicoya where we piled into cabs the rest of the way to Samara. The beach was AMAZINGGGGG!!! SO SO SO BEAUTIFUL!! It was in a small bay and had huge rocky coasts boardering it and huge waves that surfer hit up in the afternoon. Friday night we walked down the beach from our hostel to a beachfront club. It was so much fun dancing on the beach all night! Our hostel was also beachfront and was only 12.000 colonies for both nights for pretty decent rooms. Samara is really only 2 streets - one rod that has hostels and restaurants on the beachfront and the other with stores and shops. We spent most of the weekend on the beach and went to a couple restaurants that were riiiight on the beach. So beautiful since they were lit up with candles and white christmas lights! ahah! 


Ive met so many amazing people and already made really good friendships!!  My spanish is getting SO good already....but I think that my english is getting worse actually through speaking with other volunteers ahah.

My placement is getting better and better. Im getting more responsibilities at the school and the kids all know me by name now! Every day when I get there they run up to me...Kaaaaate! Miss Kate! Chica!! soooo adorable ahah. Although the older kids are a bit of a pain since they picked up pretty quickly that my Spanish isnt as good as theirs. Theyre always laughing at me ahah, but its alright!

Since I have Wednesdays off for "meetings" today I went to volunteer at in a town called Martina Bustos. Its sooo poor and full of refugees. Its actually so sad because there is no running water, electricity, schools or anything. Basically a few volunteers can go there every day on our days off just to pretty much baby sit the kids there. Every day theyre just dumped off at an abandoned home for the day in hopes that Projects Abroad will send volunteers there. It was sooo sad...Ive never seen anything like it. But the kids there were so happy to see us, so it was actually so great!!

This weekend a bunch of us are going to Nicaraugua (spelling?) for the weekend! It should be a great time!! I think were just going to chill on the beach and climb a volcano! I'll have updates on that next week!

Love you all and thanks for following!!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment